6/3/14

May Favorites

Hello everyone! Today I am bringing you my beauty related favorites from the month of May. Is it just me, or did this month fly by extremely fast?! I can't hardly believe it is already June, but I sure am loving summer! This month I have fallen in love with some products that have been in my collection for a while now (with the exception of a few things). As I am spending the majority of my summer back home, I found it most feasible to only bring a selection of my makeup, rather than everything. Because let's be real, do I actually need to travel around with all of that?.... No. So I forced myself to bring some things I haven't used very much, and am so happy I did. 





The Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation has quickly become a favorite. Quite honestly, I think it might rank right up at the top. I have seen this foundation all over YouTube. It's talked highly about by Casey Holmes, Amanda Ensing, etc. So, being the makeup lover that I am, I had to get my hands on a sample. (My Sephora doesn't carry the brand, but most department stores do!) Of course, it lives up to the hype. It claims to be a "15-hour flawless foundation that stays looking fresh and natural through heat, humidity, and nonstop activity". While I can't attest that it stays completely put for the entire 15 hours, it's got to be close. I apply this foundation with a Beauty Blender and am currently using the shade 2N1. 

MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder is something I purchased to replace my MAC MSF that recently ran out. While I loved the MSF (in medium plus), I wanted something that was a little better for touch ups...aka something that had a tiiiiiiny bit more coverage for on the go, or for when I am wearing slim to no makeup. It is such a creamy powder that leaves a really nice & smooth finish. I highly recommend you check this out! (I know Jaclyn Hill loves to use this in a dark shade for contour/bronzer!)

The Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder was a go-to this month. Such a go-to that I am now down to the last bit of it. I will definitely be picking up another one! I use this powder to set my under eye concealer. It leaves a very smooth and radiant finish, unlike any other powder I have tried. 

Primers are a crucial step for a gal with oily skin, especially in the heat of summer! Lately, I have been really loving the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. This is one of the few primers that I have tried that noticably increases the longevity of my foundation and helps keep me matte longer throughout the day. It also helps reduce the appearance of pores, which makes this product all the more perfect. 

Rimmel is a great brand if you are looking for some super affordable products. While not everything in their line may be amazing, a select few are comparable to high end quality. One product I have been loving in particular as of late is the Rimmel ScandalEYES eyeshadow paint in the shade Peachy Apricot. To me, this is perfect kind of eyeshadow to keep in your bag if you are going to the beach. First of all, you don't need an eyeshadow primer, because this stuff is like glue. Secondly, you don't need a ton of other eyeshadow colors to blend it out and make it look right. Blend this in with a finger all over your lid and you are good to go! Can we say bronze goddess? ;)

I've been crazy about the Dior Addict lip glow this past month. This is one of those lip balms that adjusts to your "perfect color" after being applied. It has a nice silky texture, and creates the perfect pink pout. On top of that, it has SPF 10. Very summer appropriate. 


Last but not least, I thought I would include my new cosmetic bag that I picked up from the Vera Bradley store. I had been looking for a bag that was more functional for travel. I needed something that stored as much or as little makeup as I wanted to bring, including other toiletries. This Grand Cosmetic bag in the Blue Bayou print fits my hair brush, makeup brushes, shampoo, and so much more! (I am not always fond of the loud VB prints, but I am a sucker for royal blue and fell for the floral pattern.)

So that's it! Those are my most favorite products from the month of May. I hope that you enjoyed reading about what I have been loving. I would love to hear what you have been crazy for too! :)


XO, Carrie



No comments:

Post a Comment