6/25/14

Fight Oily Skin

In the past, I have talked many a time about skincare and makeup routines to combat oily skin. (You can read those here & here.) Because being an oily girl myself, I am always on the hunt for products that will keep the shine away all day. Today, I am sharing with you my current favorite skincare products that have helped me beat the summer heat. The products that I have found and combined together have been the best to date. They also do a great job of keeping my skin clear!




Lately, I have been gravitating toward a gel cleanser. (I still like to use my Proactiv + exfoliating cleanser a few times a week. It is a great option, because it contains benzoyl peroxide which will help with acne.) I have always heard good things about CeraVe and that many dermatologists recommend it to their clients. I chose the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. Whats great about this cleanser is that it gets my face squeaky clean, yet it contains hyaluronic acid which moisturizes your skin, rather than stripping it dry. This is a great option for people with oily skin looking for a thorough cleanser. 


I am not sure how I ever lived without this stuff. I use this Lush Tea Tree toner water directly after I cleanse. I spray a few sprays onto my face and let it soak in completely before continuing with my regime. I think this has been the key to fighting off oil. I use this morning and night! (It is alcohol free so it will not irritate your skin.)


Following the toner, I treat my skin with this Proactiv + Pore Targeting Treatment. This is step 2 from the Proactiv + system. This gel/serum contains benzoyl peroxide which is great for targeting acne prone skin. I have noticed it to really help my hormonal acne each month. It does a great job of keeping my pores clear of oil too. 


After treating my skin, I moisturize. In the morning, I prefer to use a moisturizer with SPF. My go-to this summer has been the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier. While the lotion is quite thick, I have found that it really absorbs into my skin and allows it to retain the oiliness. This acts as a great primer for foundation too! 

In the evening, I use the corresponding Proactiv + Moisturizer or the CeraVe PM lotion. These are both great options for oily skinned gals!

I recently tried a generous sample of the Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer and loved the way it made my skin feel. I would love to purchase it, however, it has a hefty price tag. We will see...


Have you tried any of these products? If so, what are your thoughts? 

I hope that this was helpful & that you too have a shine-free summer! :)


XO, Carrie




2 comments:

  1. I want to give the Murad mattifier a shot. I have combination skin, but my t zone gets SO bad in the summer - my foundation slips all over the place. I like that this doubles a moisturizer.

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nose and t-zone is my problem area too. I really love the Murad mattifier. Try a sample from Sephora to see if you like it! I also really have enjoyed the Hourglass Veil Mineral primer for my t-zone too. :)

      Delete