6/16/14

Love, Summer


Hello again & happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend celebrating your father's. I had a lovely weekend myself. On Friday, I spent the day with my younger sister. We went to see A Fault in Our Stars together. It's safe to say we were both wiping tears. It definitely lived up to the hype. Although I am still questioning the ending... Comment below your thoughts if you have seen it! On Saturday, I spent my morning baking up a storm for Sundays family festivities. My parents had their 25th wedding anniversary earlier in the week, so a celebration cake was necessary. I chose a lemon layered cake with a raspberry compote filling. And because I was really feeling the whole baking mood, I also assembled a fresh strawberry trifle. All I have is 3 words: homemade whipped cream. Not to toot my own horn, but it was fantastic! Following my marathon of baking, I met up with my boyfriends future sister-in-law. We joined our sig o's after they finished a fun day of golf at the Dallas Clark tournament. On Sunday, we headed to my parents condo at the lake where both sets of my grandparents and my aunt and uncle joined us for lunch and an afternoon on the boat. Good company and beautiful weather is what summer is all about, right? :)

Because I am taking a break from the city this summer, I often am finding myself with a much smaller selection of things to do. (I guess this is a good thing for my pocket book, huh? I'm going through serious withdrawals from Sephora right now.) However, it is a bit of fresh breath of air to be able to completely manage my online classes and enjoy a laid back summer to its full potential. So far I have spent time gardening, dug into a great book (Fall of Giants by Ken Follett), soaked up some sun on the back patio & at the lake, and enjoyed quality time with family & hometown friends. 

The rest of my summer is filled with fun events. 5K's, theme parks, 4th of July at the lake, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, Ragbrai festivities, and a handful of weddings. I guess according to my calendar, the fun has only just begun! ;)

What have all of you been up to thus far?

XO, Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I read the book, but I haven't seen the movie yet! I'm hoping to get to that this weekend :) I'm looking forward to more lake trips, my good friend's bachelorette party and my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to let me know what you think of the movie in response to the book! It sounds like you have some fun upcoming events this summer too! Enjoy! :)

      Delete