9/4/14

Back on Track



The week has finally arrived. I am officially on my new journey that I have been anticipating for the last year. I can honestly say that even after the first three days, I still have no idea what to expect. While I want to be challenged and have unpredictable things thrown my way, I can't help but feel a sense of anxiety creep up on me. 

My whole life, I've always had a vision for myself. I have a faint picture in my mind of how I want my life to be & what I long for my future to hold. But of course, the path to getting there is what's fuzzy. It seems as if each week, I am thrown a new curveball that challenges my thinking towards my future. You're probably thinking, yes Carrie, this is normal!

But this semester, in the midst of clinical rotations & a hefty classroom workload, I am striving to "stay on track". In the past, typically once a semester, I find myself at a breaking point, for various reasons. Whether it is due to stress, lack of seeing girl friends, out of balance with eating healthy/working out, etc I found a way to let the pressure & emotions break me down. I know that these pressures are somewhat inevitable to avoid, so my goal is stay on track this semester & do a better job of remembering to do the things that I love. We can't let a portion of our life dictate another portion. I think it is important to find a balance between everything we have going on but still be looking forward to our goals. 

Are you like me and are often frazzled by the amount of things you love to do but can't always find the time to do them? If so, let me know how you manage to stay on track!


XO, Carrie

7 comments:

  1. OMG this post is exactly what I needed to hear today! :) I try to stay on track by keeping a planner with everything I want to accomplish for the day that is not "day job" related.

    Libby
    Stylin' Iowan Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we can relate Libby. I keep a planner too, but I think I need to keep a separate one for "life things/goals" that way I don't feel so overwhelmed! Writing out daily goals sounds like a great idea! Thanks for the awesome tip!

      Delete
  2. I totally feel where you're coming from, girlfriend! I think the best thing to do is to schedule time for everything...workouts, girl time, anything that you enjoy - make room for it. You got this :)

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep two planners! My main one is a lovely moleskin from Kate Spade but I also have a "fun" one from Forever 21 that I keep goals and inspirations in as well as some quotes to keep me motivated. I struggle with time management so it helps me tremendously if I write everything down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great way to keep motivated! Thanks for sharing your tips with me :)

      Delete