6/5/14

Splurge vs. Save: Part 1

When it comes to the world of makeup, it can be difficult to know where to put your money. Yes, you can find products from all categories at the drugstore, but there are some things the drugstore options just can't compete with. So today I am going to break down where I think someone should splurge and where they should save. 


PRIMER: SPLURGE
Depending on your skins need, a great primer, that works as it should, may be hard to find at the drugstore. There are some options that are designed to fill lines and smooth pores, but outside of that, I haven't seen much that help with oil control and other targeted issues. [However, if you don't have special needs, this step can be skipped. Use a great moisturizer before your foundation instead.]



FOUNDATION: BOTH
This one is tough, so I chose both. There are amazing drugstore and high end foundations. Think Covergirl 3-in-1 and then think Chanel Perfection Lumiere. Both equally great products. This is completely your choice and preference. 


CONCEALER: SAVE
Even though I am a diehard MAC Prolongwear concealer user, when I am in a pinch, nothing is easier to use than the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser to cover dark under eye circles. This is a great product that I think most women would love. 



MASCARA: SAVE
Ok, so this is an easy one. Most people know that there are killer mascaras sold at the drugstore. Between the Covergirl Lash blast and the Loreal Voluminous Full Definition, there isn't much reason to go hunting any further. 



BLUSH: SPLURGE
Depending on how many blushes you would like to have in your collection, I personally feel the best quality and color selection of blushes come from higher end brands. (NARS for example.) Blushes last a long time and some shades can be worn with all makeup looks. [If you are on a tight budget, check out Milani and Maybelline.]



Look for Part 2 coming soon! 

XO, Carrie


4 comments:

  1. Everyone keeps talking about the Covergirl 3-in-1 and L'Oreal Lumi foundation but I have yet to try them! I'm just loving the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet +.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both great drugstore foundations! I went through a whole bottle of the Lumi, which is almost unheard of for me!

      Delete
  2. I thought I was following you on Bloglovin' but I guess not! Problem fixed :) Can't wait to catch up on everything I've been missing haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are now! Thanks for reading Jess! :)

      Delete