3/27/13

My Favorite Makeup Brushes

I used to think makeup brushes weren't that important and that there probably wasn't much variation from brand to brand. Well...that's because I had never used good brushes. I finally have discovered a brand of brushes that I LOVE. I can promise you, I will never buy from another, as long as they remain on the market. 

Before I reveal my favorite brushes that I think are must haves for all of YOU, let me give you the run-down of my process to finally finding the perfect brushes.

When I first started wearing makeup, I applied my powder from a compact with the puffer it came with. When I started to care a little more about applying makeup properly, my mom let me try out the Bare Minerals starting kit. I used Bare Minerals from my freshman year of high school up until this past summer. While I think Bare Minerals is a great concept and amazing product line, I feel as if I have grown out of it. And not to mention, their lifespan of their brushes isn't that great. (If you have used or currently use it, you know what I mean. Two words: scratchy brushes.) In the midst of using Bare Minerals and my high school years, I discovered MakeupByTiffanyD. Hands down, she has taught me more about makeup than anyone else ever has or will. If you know me, you know how much I enjoy watching her videos and following her life via social networks. :) TiffanyD started using brushes by Sigma Beauty. She loved them so much, so slowly stopped using her MAC brushes (which are known for their quality as well). I had a few of the brushes on my wish list for quite some time, but didn't know whether to buy a kit, or just a few individually. This winter, I heard TiffanyD was having a meet-up at the new Sigma store at the Mall of America. Of course I had to go, beings I am only a couple of hours from the MOA. That day, I was fortunate enough to meet her, as well as purchase a few brushes from their gorgeous new store. Since I have purchased the brushes, my makeup routine has become so easy! It is amazing what good brushes can do for your look as a whole. I am beyond impressed and hope to purchase more in the near future.

Here are my leading ladies!



Sigma F80
This flat kabuki brush from the Sigmax collection is the perfect brush for applying liquid foundation. Because it is made of synthetic fibers, it does not absorb and waste the product. It does a great job of buffing out the products and doesn't leave streaks. 

Sigma F86

This tapered kabuki brush is also from the Sigmax collection. It is made of the same fibers as the F80. I like to use the brush for more precise areas such as under the eye and around the nose. 
Tarte Buffer Airbrush Finish
Yes, I realize this isn't a Sigma brush, but I had to mention it, because I do grab for this often enough that I should share it with you. This particular brush came with a Tarte set called "Journey to Natural" that I ordered off of QVC a few months back. The brush paired with their Amazonian Clay foundation is excellent. It gives great coverage, but still leaves a natural look. (I still like to be able to see my freckles. This does a great job!)

Sigma F40

Following behind the two foundation brushes from Sigma, this is by far a top favorite of mine. This Large Angled Contour brush does the trick every time for a great blush look. This brush can also be used for bronzer in the hollow of your cheek to create a line of contour and add definition. 

I thought I would mention my favorite eye brushes as well. They are: 

Sigma E55

This eye shading brush does an excellent job of packing on the color of your favorite shadow. I use this brush on my lid only.


Sigma E25
The tapered blending brush is great for transferring a dark color to your crease as well as going over color you have already laid, and cleaning up its edges. 

I think by the end of this post you have realized that I truly do love Sigma brushes. Like I said, I have been beyond impressed and have not a bad thing to say about them. I'll also add, they are quite affordable in comparison to competing brands. So if you haven't already, go check out sigmabeauty.com! 

I'd love to hear about your favorite brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment