3/14/13

NEW MAC Cosmetics & a Skincare Product

I'm always looking for a good recommendation for skin and beauty products. As of late, I really have gotten into MAC products. I love their variety as well as their quality. I used to steer clear of MAC because I thought it was so expensive, but I'm learning its no more expensive, if not cheaper, than some of the leading brands like NARS and Urban Decay. Over the years, watching various YouTube beauty gurus, I have heard about the go-to products that MAC offers. I've started to get a few more products in my collection, and today I decided to swing by my local counter and pick up a few more things.


1) MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation with SPF 15. I am in the shade NW25. I originally purchased the MAC Studio Fix, but found it was more for people with dry skin, and I am very oily. I returned that, and purchased this instead. It is a medium to full coverage foundation, meaning it builds nicely. 






2) This new blush I picked up from MAC is a Mineralize Blush in the shade Gentle. Because this blush is in the Mineralize collection, it applies very naturally and settles on the skin well. I chose this shade because it is completely different than any other blush I own. The majority of my blushes are coral-ly, golden shades or else hot pink and peachy colors. What I like about Gentle is that it has a cool, almost blue undertone, and appears almost 'berry' like on the cheek. 


3) The MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in the shade Radiant Rose is something I have been wanting for a while. This product is to be used under your eyes, on the tops on your cheeks, and any other high plane of your face that you wish to highlight. If you have heavy dark circles under your eyes, you might still want to use a concealer and top with this for brightening, as this is a more sheer application than your average under eye concealer. 



4) MAC's Angel lipstick has a frost finish and is absolutely beautiful on the lips. You may have heard about this colors, as Kim Kardashian has made it quite popular. This is the most perfect frosted soft cool pink for the lips. It doesn't pale you out like some baby pinks can do, which is why I love this lip color so much! 


5) Last, but certainly not least, I have a new skincare product! Thanks to the recommendation from MakeupbyTiffanyD and my good friend who is a **NEW BLOGGER** Amanda (check her blog out here), I have finally purchased a bottle of the Skin MD Shielding Lotion. This lotion is equally good for being used as a face moisturizer as well as a body lotion. It is non-greasy and seems to be super hydrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment