9/2/14

August Non-Beauty Favorites

Hello September! I trust you all had a fabulous Labor Day and took advantage of your day off! If you saw my post about a week ago, I got a head start and posted my beauty favorites from the month of August. At the end of each month, I love sharing the products that I reached for all month long...because this is a beauty blog. However, I like to mix it up sometimes. So today, I thought it would be fun to share with you all the things I have been loving the past month that are non-beauty related. {Yes, I do buy & enjoy other things besides makeup... ;)} Here we go!


How adorable are these little bow-tied paper clips?! I saw the idea on Instagram & had to pick up some ribbon for myself. I made a whole bunch & have been putting them to use all around the house. These will especially come in handy for school!



One of my bad habits is buying organization type items. Including journals, notebooks, pens, pencils, you get the point. Luckily, being a student, I get more practical use out of these items than you might think. Anyway, this Myndology notebook is a fave. The pages are crispy & incredibly durable compared to the average Mead notebook. You can also buy refills when you've used up all of the pages. I love to use this notebook for list making! To accompany this notebook, I have been obsessed with the Sharpie stylo pens. They are exactly like the original Sharpie pens {that don't bleed}, but with a more comfortable-to-hold style. 



Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. That is all I really need to say. Excellent book. If you are a history buff, I recommend checking this out! I'm now on to the second book in the trilogy. 



Voluspa Santiago Huckleberry candle. A forever favorite. Nearly 3 years ago, I picked up this scent at Anthropolgie & completely fell in love. I have now gone through 3 of the larger jars & am nearly half gone with this adorable mini jar. {They last over 100 hours...no joke.} 



I received this Hot Tools curling iron as a Christmas gift this past year & it quickly became a staple for me. It is 1 1/4" in size and has the beautiful rainbow barrel. This curling iron gives me the loose curls that I love!



For the duration of the Summer I carried a small cream envelope clutch simply out of sheer convenience. I like the idea of carrying little to nothing in the summer...because who wants to lug around extra weight when it's hot out? Not me. But because Fall is nearly here, I knew it was time for a great Fall transition bag. {I already have a black bag I love for the Winter months!} I saw this Fossil handbag a couple months ago in the store and kept it in my mind as an option. I then scoured the internet for some other options and kept going back to this Sydney Satchel. When I got an email from Fossil with a discount code, I knew it was meant to be. This bag is perfect! 



All Spring I was on the hunt for the perfect ring to wear on my middle finger. To me, there is only a certain kind of ring that looks good on the middle finger. I didn't think I wanted any color in it, but after a little inspiration from my dear friend Leah, my opinion was swayed. So after searching high and low, I found this beaut at a department store. Of course I wanted real silver {no one likes tarnishing} and the precious stone makes it a touch more special. Hello new obsession! 



What are these favorites worth if I don't include a little something for those with a sweet tooth? ;) I personally am not huge into sweets/chocolate/etc. My eyes are big for chips, crackers, that sort of thing. However, there is nothing wrong with keeping a few sweet things around the house...just in case. This chocolate bar with hazelnuts is divine. Keep this in your fridge and break off a square when you deserve it! I find this particular brand at Whole Foods. 



So that's it! I hope you enjoyed a little break from the beauty-related madness! What random products have you been crushing on this past month? 


Thanks for reading! XO, Carrie


2 comments:

  1. That chocolate sounds amazing...and now I'm craving all of the sweets! haha

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe ;) the chocolate is basically like a Ferro Roche in chocolate bar form! Sooo good! Thanks for reading!

      Delete