8/27/14

August Beauty Favorites

It's that time of the month again! Can you believe yet another month has come and gone?! It seems unreal to me that summer is on its way out & fall activities are sneaking upon us. Come Tuesday of next week, I officially start the ultrasound program & I couldn't be more excited. This week has been filled with orientations & preparations for next week. Also with back-to-school season comes football games, tailgating, and of course, fall fashion. I can't wait!

Today I wanted to share with you all the beauty products that I have been loving this month. Because of all the wedding related festivities & shall we say....'photo opportunities' that I encountered this month, I really geared my daily makeup routine towards products that left my skin looking flawless with full coverage & of course, great longevity (as opposed to last month when I went the minimalist route).


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light: I dust this powder all over my face to set my foundation. It leaves the most natural finish without adding that "powdered" look.
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: I love using this foundation when my skin has been clear. The formula is so smooth and weightless & has that natural matte finish that I love so much. 


Yes to Carrots Nourishing Wipes: I love this brand & have tried almost all of the different makeup remover wipes. The 'carrots' line is great for gentle cleansing & moisturizing.
Avene Thermal Spring Water: This French product came in one of my Ipsy bags & I use it daily to set my makeup and refresh throughout the day. 



MAC blush in Gentle
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie gloss in Dare Devil
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion

Serious obsession with berry/plum tones right now. They will transition perfectly into fall!


Orly polish in Prelude to a Kiss: I was happy to discover this light pink/nude polish. I love neutrals & find this color to pair perfect with any look. 
Urban Decay Perversion mascara: I received this sample of mascara in my monthly Ipsy bag & I will definitely be buying the full size when I finish up the ones I am currently using. It adds tons of volume to my lashes & doesn't clump. 


What beauty products were front runners for you this month? 


Thanks for reading! XOXO, Carrie


2 comments:

  1. Carrie - I just bought the Bare Minerals eye shadow kit with their primer and I'm obsessed with the primer. Love your picks! Thanks for posting.

    Libby
    Stylin' Iowan Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby! I will have to check that one out when I run out of my Lorac primer! Thanks for sharing with me! :)

      Delete