9/11/13

Guilt Free Snacking

So its the middle of the week and thus far you have done good eating clean and healthy. But sometimes, when it starts getting closer to the weekend, I tend to want to get off track and eat something a little less healthy to fulfill my cravings for a sweet item. With my whole new "clean eating" regime, when I want something sweet, I want to NOT feel bad about it. All it took was one trip to Trader Joe's to find the answer. 

This first combo is what I like to call the adult version of milk and cookies. I personally don't care for real milk to begin with, so almond milk has been my go-to the last 6-8 months. This vanilla unsweetened almond milk is low cal, completely dairy free as well as gluten and lactose free. However, I drink it not because of the taste, but because I still like to get a little calcium and vitamin D in my diet. My new favorite little sweet treat accompaniment are these gluten free ginger snap cookies. And believe me, they have a more powerful kick of ginger than your grandmas ever did! (Ginger is an acquired taste, but I encourage you to try them!) Go ahead, dunk them in your milk! ;)



Secondly, my other FAVORITE treat are these powerberries. I think a lot of TJ shoppers are fans of these, or so I have read, and I completely understand why! These powerberries are real acai, pomegranate, cranberry and blueberry pieces covered in dark chocolate. They are known for being a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants. These are oh so satisfying to the tastebuds!


What are your favorite Trader Joe's items? I'm starting to become a more frequent shopper and would love some recommendations! 

XO, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment