4/4/13

My Makeup Organization

Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a great week. Mine seems to have flown by! The weather is starting to warm up finally and I am NOT complaining. It's about 60 degrees and sunny here... something we haven't felt in quite some time. But enough about the weather! Today I want to share with you my personal makeup organization as well as some tips on how to keep your collection arranged.

For the last couple of years, I have been using this makeup "trolley" so to speak. My aunt had one, and I was getting to the point where I had more than enough makeup to fit into my small makeup bag. So, of course, I had to get one for myself. I purchased this from QVC. It is still available and can be found here. What I loved about this spinning cart is that it hold SO much!  There are so many slots and sections, each created specifically for different makeup items.


If I have one tip for makeup organization, it is to keep alike items together. (i.e. blush with blush, concealer with concealer, etc.) This makes it so much easier to locate and find what you are looking for. Also, keep alike items together in the sense of where the product is applied. (i.e. put under eye concealer next to eyelid primer...these are things you use in the same steps of your routine) Not only is it great to have your makeup organized in a system like this, but it is also great to have your makeup out on display and sorted helping you to not forget about some of the products you may have purchased a while back but haven't used in a while. I am a very "out of sight, out of mind" sort of person. If I don't have it out, I probably am not going to use it.

Because I have so many lip colors, they don't all fit in the top part of my makeup cart. (There are probably many more scattered about in my purses, school bag, coat pockets, etc.) I hope to find something different to store my lip products in soon (maybe something like this acrylic drawer), but for now I am using a tin that originally held one of my Fossil watches. Kinda cute, huh? I think so.



I used to store my brushes in the top part of the trolley as well, but there simply isn't enough room anymore. For now, I have been using these adorable and chic cups. The larger one (behind) is from Anthropolgie. I store my face brushes in that one. The smaller mirrored cup is actually the bottom of a martini shaker that I found at Target on clearance! I use it to hold my eye brushes.



I thought I would also show you what else I keep on my counter. This mirror has two sides; one is magnified, one is not. I purchased this at Walmart. I also keep cotton pads and q-tips in acrylic containers I got off of Amazon a while back.


How do you store you makeup? I'd love to see how!

Thanks for reading! Happy Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment