2/4/13

Current Favorite Drugstore Beauty Products

Hey everyone! Today I am sharing with you my current (some new, some old) favorite beauty products from the drugstore. I love when I come across a new cosmetic that I can conveniently pick up for an affordable price. Some of these products I have gone back to for several years even. While not all of my makeup comes from the drugstore, a good portion of it does. I occasionally run to Walgreens for some items, but I usually make these purchases at Target and sometimes Wal-Mart.

A new fave I am obsessing over is the Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara. I just recently purchased this due to the Eleventh Gorgeous girls raving about it. I figured what the heck, lets give it a try. For me personally, I never like a mascara right out of the packaging. I like it to be a little more "dry", and like to let it sit for a couple weeks before I use it. For the first time, this mascara is one I have loved right off the bat. The curved brush allows me to reach my lashes in the inner corner and yet the wand isn't too thick to get it right down to the base of my lashes! It does a terriffc job of defining without looking spidery and volumizes like it claims to do. Everyone should try this new mascara!





For the last 6 months or so, I have really been loving the Revlon Brow Fantasy. This is a duo of a pencil and gel. I use the shade Brunette. While I am not brunette, I do have very dark, thick eyebrows. I don't always use the gel if I am in a hurry, but the pencil can be used in a jiff to quickly fill in those areas that need it. 




While I am not a big user of eye liner, my all time favorite liner is a liquid by Loreal called the Carbon Black Lineur Intense. This liquid liner has a felt tip and is easy to guide along your lash line. This liquid also makes a great cat/winged liner look!




Another recent find I have been enjoying is the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal (24hr) by Eyestudio in the shade 70 Barely Branded. This is a great multi-use product that I have grown to love. This cream shadow not only serves the purpose as a great shadow to wear on its own, but it also holds rights as a base for other shadows. The champagne color with a frost finish really can highlight the brow bone and brighten the inner corner of your eye. (This shade may be a limited edition, so go get it now!)



Very neutral, a bit more brightening on the eyelid than shown

Up next is the Wet 'n Wild palette Comfort Zone. I recently got interested in these fun and cheap little palettes after being tipped off from my favorite beauty guru, TiffanyD. This palette contains 8 very natural shades (both warm and cool). At first glance, this palette appears to have a lot of color, but these are all very wearable shades. I really enjoy the versatility of this small, compact eyeshadow set. 




As far as foundation is concerned, I really love my Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+. However, the Loreal True Match LUMI foundation is something I have really been enjoying. It can't compare to the Mat Velvet+ because the formulas are completely different. This foundation has SPF20 which is a feature I find nice. It leaves your skin with a beautiful glowy, almost dewy finish, great for an everyday look. I use the shade W5 Sand Beige. To apply, I use my new FAVORITE Sigma Beauty flat kabuki brush that you can find here




To set my foundation, I have really been loving this new product: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind 'The Perfector' primer inside pressed powder. I picked this up in hopes of finding something that I can go back and forth with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (which is quite spendy). I use the shade 40 Medium, and apply with a large fluffy powder brush from Sigma. 




For my under-eye area, I like to use a brightener to reduce any dark circles. I really have been enjoying the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser (Treatment Concealer). This shade is called 60 Brightener. I apply with the sponge applicator provided and blend in with a tapered kabuki brush by Sigma found here.



Without a lot of hunting around, I picked up this stick concealer. I have found this Maybelline Coverstick in Deep Beige to be a new favorite. It covers well and can easily be blended with fingers or a brush. 



Last but not least I have a new bronzer favorite from the drugstore. This is called the Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Bronzer with SPF15 in shade 739 Ticket to Brazil. It has a bit more shimmer than I would normally prefer, but when just the right amount is applied to the hollow of your cheekbones and hairline, it leaves a radiant finish. I apply with a large powder brush. 



This post got a bit lengthy, but I didn't want to leave out any details about these great products you can pick up a convienant location! Feel free to comment with any questions about any of these products. 

Happy February everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment