2/7/13

New Spring Lip Colors- Review and First Impressions

The best part of a new year is that all of my favorite brands come out with new products, packaging, and colors. So far, in this new year, I am REALLY loving all the new lip products. It seems like each drugstore brand has released a fun new lip product with gorgeous colors for spring. The two that I have really been drawn to are the Covergirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balms and the Maybelline Color Whisperers. I picked up a few of these, not realizing how much I was going to like them.

Introducing first, the Maybelline Color Whisperers...
My mini collection

55- One Size Fits Pearl

35- Coral Ambition

90- Oh La Lilac
(How HOT is this new color? My swatch doesn't do justice!)

85- Berry Ready

Swatches top to bottom: Berry Ready, Oh La Lilac,
Coral Ambition, One Size Fits Pearl

And secondly, the Covergirl LipPerfection Jumbo Glosses...

Top to Bottom: Ballet Twist, Blush Twist, Ruby Twist

Swatches top to bottom: Ruby Twist, Ballet Twist, Blush Twist
I like to keep a few lip colors in a chic glass holder,
(actually a small candle votive; $2 at Hobby Lobby)
on my desk next to my favorite candle and my writing utensils. 


Share with me your favorite lip colors for spring!

2 comments:

  1. Out of the two lip formulas which is your favorite? They remind me a lot of the Revlon ColorBurst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am liking the Covergirl LipPerfections better. The Maybelline Color Whisperers seem very moisturizing at first, but seem to dry out very quickly on my lips. I think CG has made these a dupe for the Clinique Chubby sticks! (packaging too!)

    ReplyDelete