2/5/13

Urban Decay Naked vs. Naked2

I have really become a lover of Urban Decay over the last few years. I originally thought their colors were a little too wild for me, as I usually go for a more natural look. Cue the Naked palette.

 The Naked palette was released and people went wild. I didn't purchase it until they had their second big push of them. I purchased mine at Ulta, and it was the last one on the shelf, so I knew it was meant to be. While the palette was a little spendy ($50), I have found it to be very well worth the money. This palette will last me a long time! (I have only hit the pan in two shades, Virgin & Sin, which are sold separately.) The Naked palette has a great selection of colors, 12 to be exact. With it, you can create anything from a simple, one shade for coverage, quick and natural look, to a very deep, pigmented, smokey eye. I would generalize these shades to be of warm hues. Versatility describes this palette best! I really like how sleek and thin the palette is. It fits perfectly into my makeup bag and is great for travel. However, the felt outside tends to look a little dingy after a bit of use. I will also mention this palette comes with a eyeshadow brush and a mini Eyeshadow Primer Potion.


Mine is getting a little worn!


You'll notice my very favorite shades.. ;)




Shades L-R: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog,
Dark Horse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

When I heard UD was releasing a second Naked palette, Naked2, I was very excited, but didn't think the first one could be beat. I purchased it at Ulta almost as soon as it was released, wanting to see what all the hype was about. This palette was also $50. Again, a little on the pricey side, but worth the money. The first thing that I really loved about this palette was the packaging. This time, they chose a hard case that snaps closed. Inside, I would consider the 12 shades to be more taupe and greige. This palette contains both matte and shimmery/frosted shades just like the Naked, but to me, I feel overall it is has a bit more shimmer. This palette comes with a double ended shadow/blending brush and a mini Lip Junkie lipgloss in the shade Naked. I think this is a great palette, and is a great piece in my collection of palettes.








Shades L-R: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease,
Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout

If I had to recommend to you ONE palette to purchase, I would probably push you towards the original Naked. I am not sure why...maybe it's because it was my first love, and I have had it longer, but I alway grab for this one first, whereas I kind of have to make myself use the Naked2. I like the warmer colors that Naked has, however this is just personal preference. I think each of these palettes offer something for EVERYONE! Both are SO versatile and can be used day-to-night. The only shade that the two palettes have in common is the very golden shade called Half Baked.




No comments:

Post a Comment