7/10/14

A Week in Photos...

Hello & welcome back. It has been about a week since I blogged last, but with good reason! It was a holiday weekend, as you know, and I spent it with friends and family at the lake. We had such a great [long] weekend that I was sad to see it leave. Following the weekend, I headed back to DM for a school event. It was so nice to be back in my little apartment for a few days and shop do the things I like to do in Des Moines. I had dinner with a good friend & got to hang out with my older brother too! Over all, it has been a very busy and enjoyable week. Here's a peek inside...

Although we are unsure of our date, we are calling this our "anniversary month" :)

This may have happened... When in Rome, right?

I finally got to see my bestie!

Burke & me keeping things festive on the 4th

Burke's cousin is a pilot & landed this plane on the lake.
It got an insane amount of attention!

Oh how I missed my little apartment!
The chair is such an eyesore.. But the room is still a work in progress. 

Typical "getting hair done" selfie... ;)
I tried out a new salon really close to my apartment.  I enjoyed my visit and found it to be VERY affordable!
Check out Estilo if you are in the West Des Moines area. 

I'm heading out of town for a bachelorette party this weekend. The attire is LBD so a new pair of heels was in order.
I picked these up at DSW for a whopping $19. I must say, I was feeling rather thrifty.
[Now let's hope they are comfortable.]

Via recommendation of Alex Garza, I picked up these Joico shampoo and conditioners at Ulta.
Color therapy can never hurt & K-PAK means it contains keratin. Which also can't hurt, right?
She says she has used it for 3 years, and it helped her grow her hair long and strong!

I popped into VS to check out their self tanners that I have heard so much about.
Just my luck- they were offering all tanning products for $10 each. They normally are $15 and up.
I picked up the Self Tan tinted spray and the Exfoliate body prep smoothing scrub.
I have already tried both & am in LOVE! Is it bad if I like this better than my [more expensive] St. Tropez? NO.
A few other things...

I wore this outfit a while back & have been wanting to wear it again and again.
I paired a cream, lightweight summer sweater with denim cutoffs, gladiator sandals, and a fun chain necklace.
Easy as that!

I have been drooling over these Sweet Tea Jewels bangles.
You can find them on Facebook & place your order there. 

I am a crazy huge fan of Honey We're Home & Honey We're Healthy. Both written by the lovely Megan.
She recently competed in a NPC bikini competition & has been inspiring so many of her readers.
She is a beautiful, humble woman of God, and was not shy to share her secrets along the way.
I loved following her journey, but especially loved her food prep/meal guide posts.
pic via her instagram

Last but not least,  of course I have to share a picture of Miss Sidney. What a joy in our life!

I hope you all had a great holiday weekend! Thank you all so much for your support & your generous comments! I appreciate all of you taking the time to read!

XO, Carrie











1 comment:

  1. Great snaps girlfriend! I think an anniversary month sounds wayyyy better than just a day! Pete and I can't remember ours either ;)

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete