7/28/14

July Favorites

Another month has come and gone... How is that possible? July went faster than the previous months, in my opinion. But fortunately for me, August is what I'm coining my "fun month". Finally, all the wedding festivities I have been talking about are at my feet. I can't wait to celebrate! 

This month, I was all about a quick and easy beauty routine. If I wasn't at the lake enjoying the sunshine, I was either out for a run or tackling my online classes. But like all months, I picked up a few new products, and they quickly made their way into my "omg, I'm obsessed with this" stash. ;) 

Here are the products I was loving this month...

Hourglass blush in Luminous Flush 
This blush is like a 2-for-1 type product. If you are familiar with Hourglass, you may remember their hyped up Ambient Lighting powders. What's cool about the blushes is that one of the powders is swirled into each one, giving it that ambient lighted finish. This particular color, Luminous Flush, has the Luminous Light powder inside. Pretty genius, huh? 

Garnier BB Cream for oily skin in Medium/Deep
About a year ago, I bought the original Garnier BB cream and absolutely hated it. It made me look like a grease monkey, and so I returned it. Since then, they came out with a version for combination/oily skin. I continuously heard people raving about it and how great it was for a drugstore BB cream. I finally broke down and jumped on the bandwagon. This product is simply perfect for those days you want to skip a heavy, full coverage foundation, but still want good coverage...if you feel me. I know most people say to apply these sorts of products with your fingers, but I am all about my Beauty Blender right now. 

NARS The Multiple in Altai
Three words. Cream contour perfection. While I have a handful of drugstore foundation sticks that work in the exact way as this NARS product, there really is no comparison. The consistency of this product is what makes it a home run. It blends well & has great color, without being too muddy. If you have been wanting to try a cream contour, I highly recommend this product. (I also love to use this on my eyes!)

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet liner in Black Velvet
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara
 I have never been a huge fan of pencil liners. Mostly due to the fact that I refuse to line my lower water line. I just can't do it. But as of late, I have really been into lining my top water line, to create a fuller lash line appearance. This product is great for that. It glides on so smoothly and is jet black.

Giorgio Armani...you are love...in mascara form. *Swoon* This is hands down my favorite mascara of all time. I'll say it again. Of ALL time. It volumizes, lengthens, and everything else you could want a mascara to do. I bought this when Nordstrom was having their mascara sale and am so happy I did. However, I am a bit upset that I'll always be wanting to purchase this spendy sucker.

Buxom Full-On Lip polish in Sophia
Milani lip liner in Nude
I picked up this Milani lip liner per recommendation of Nicole Guerrio. She is the queen of lip products and I always trust her recommendations. I like to wear this liner as my lip color. Is is somewhat creamy at first, but sets nearly like a stain. 

This Buxom lip gloss was a perk I got with the Sephora point system. I have many of these glosses and love every single one of them. This shade, Sophia, looks so good paired over top of the lip liner. I have been wearing this combo all month long!

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling cream
I use this each time I wash my hair, prior to drying and styling. It think it works best as a smoothing agent & give my hair nice body. And it smells amazing!

Sephora Makeup Brush Cleaner
Between deep cleaning sessions, I like to spot clean my brushes before each use. This gives my makeup the best application, leaving all products true to color....and not a mix of the 7 other colors I used last week. 

Sally Hansen eyelash curler
Until a few weeks ago, I wasn't into the whole eyelash curling business. I mainly didn't like to do it because the curler I previously owned didn't fit the shape of my eyes. [Maybe you didn't know this, because I didn't either, there are many different shaped curlers on the market. Choose one that matches your eye shape!] Now that I have a proper lash curler, I am enjoying the results it gives me. 


What products have you been loving this month?



As always, thank you for reading!

XO, Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I love the Garnier BB Cream too! Also love tightlining the top lashline, and Nicole G! Well I love a lot in this post, don't I? I want to start filming monthly favorites videos! You inspire me to get on it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you use the original formula or the combination/oil control BB cream? Isn't Nicole amazing? She is one of my fave YT gurus! & yes to you making monthly favorite videos! They are some of my favorite to watch! :) Thanks for reading dear!

      Delete