7/17/14

Makeup Geek Eyeshadows: Swatches & Review

Hey loves! Today I am bringing you my thoughts on the Makeup Geek eyeshadows that I own. When choosing single eyeshadows to purchase, I like to think about what shades I don't already own, and which shadows would be nice to have in my collection. (Which is quite tough, since I love palettes!) However, Makeup Geek shadows have continued to amaze me with their pigmentation, creamy texture, and uniqueness in shade range. While I am always drawn to warm neutrals, these particular shadows are much different than any shadows in any of the Naked palettes or even the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette. I own 10 individual shadows from Makeup Geek and have thoroughly been enjoying them all. Take a peek...




Beautiful pigmentation

Unique shade range of gorgeous neutrals

Shimmer & matte shades are equally creamy

Left to right: Shimma Shimma, Cosmopolitan, Homecoming, Moondust, Prom Night,
Peach Smoothie, Creme Brûlée, Frappe, Taupe Notch, Last Dance

Beautiful, right? Marlena has done an amazing job formulating these shadows. She has over 60 exclusive shades, each of which are very unique. Not to mention, the price point is amazing. These are MAC quality eye shadows (if not better) but sold for a fraction of the price. ($15 vs. $5.99) You can purchase these shadows from Makeup Geek. They are sold in pan or compact form. I chose to put mine in a Z Palette, which can also be purchased from Makeup Geek's website. I highly recommend these shadows!

Have you checked out Makeup Geek yet? What shades are your favorite?

XO, Carrie

[editors note: these photos are taken with my new camera. i finally am a proud owner of a Nikon DSLR camera!]

No comments:

Post a Comment