5/16/14

Summer Planning



This coming weekend is the first weekend that is starting to feel like a "summer weekend". With a busy few days ahead, I took a look into my planner only to find out I have just about every weekend booked up this summer...or so it seems. Luckily, my weekends are filled with lovely events that I am very much looking forward to. Bridal showers, lingerie parties, bachelorette parties, and all things wedding! [My boyfriend's two brothers are engaged, both with beautiful weddings planned for the end of the summer.] I also have a few fun trips planned with family and friends, as well as spending a significant amount of time at my family's lake house. And because I opted to take only a few summer classes online, I really don't have much to complain about. :) I'm coining this summer "my last hurrah", due to the fact I will most likely be swamped with clinical next summer. 

But in the midst of all the traveling and busy weekends, I am hoping to find myself doing some things I love back in Des Moines. When I think of summer, I think of the farmers markets, especially the fresh produce & flowers. I am looking forward to some fun nights at the Valley Junction farmers market, followed by sangria sippin' at Jasper Winery. (If you are DM native, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. If not, I encourage you to find some fun events in your city!) 

This summer, I am vowing to continue to be active, if not even more than I have been the last 3 months. My goal is to branch out and do some things I haven't done before. For my birthday (last week) I received a new set of golf clubs. In the next few months, I plan to play every week and really learn the game. I love that golf is something you can play your whole life. Another outdoorsy things I am taking up is paddle boarding at the lake. Not only is it an excellent workout, but it's a calming and relaxing sport. 

What fun things do you have planned for the summer? Also, what are your favorite things to buy at the farmers market?

XO, Carrie



image via BHG

No comments:

Post a Comment