6/10/13

Catch Up with Carrie

Hey friends! So it's been an entire week since I have blogged last. Don't think I have forgot about you all. Sometimes it gets easy to get caught up in our every day lives. While I thought of some things I could have shared with you, I thought I would save them for when I could write about them to the full extend, rather than submit a "rough draft". Last week was filled with so many different activities! So today, I thought I would catch you all up with what has been going on with me. 

Tomorrow, I start my summer classes. I am enrolled in 8 credits and will be in class all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays until the middle of August. And because the summer weather has been non-existent, I'm actually pretty excited about filling up some of my free time, spending it in the classroom and lab. If you read my first Friday's Food for Thought, I shared my mixed feelings on my new school and career plan. However, I have started to overcome those 'fears' and really just want to dive in head first and work hard the next couple years. I often think about what else I would rather be doing at this point in my life, and I really do just see my self as a student. I want nothing more than to be educated and land myself a great job when I am all done. So I guess I owe it to myself to work hard and achieve that, because I can honestly say that I would REALLY regret it if I ever quit. 


OFFICIAL!!!

Last week I purchased a 2 day detox from Arden's Garden. They basically send you 2 gallons of a pre made drink for $40. I chose the detox because not only does it have good reviews, but it is considerably cheaper than any other juice cleanse or detox that I have seen. The cleanse is made of grapefruit juice, orange juice, and lemon juice. While it doesn't necessarily make you lose weight, the citric acid claims to do a great job of riding your body of toxins and other 'junk'. Essentially it flushes out your system and helps you feel good again. Rejuvenating your body is a great way to start a healthier style of eating...and living! I have not done it yet, but plan to this weekend! (I will be sure to share all my thoughts afterwards.)



Last Friday, I met up with my aunt who lives here in town. We went out for lunch, and then did a little shopping afterward. One of our stops was at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Going in, I didn't have anything in mind that I wanted to purchase. While looking around, I came across a neat cosmetic storage container. I previously wanted to purchase 3 acrylic drawers from The Container Store, but couldn't justify the $18 shipping. (WHY!??!) If you saw my post on my makeup organization a few months back, I loved the way things were set up. It just made sense. But now that I have moved into a new apartment, I don't have the same setup as my old place and things have become a little complicated because of it. So now, I have decided to turn my desk into a vanity, hence the reason I wanted drawers to stack. But now that I have found one new container, and have made use of part of the trolley I had, I think I have the perfect set up....for now. ;) What do you think? Any suggestions? (I am still looking for the perfect lamp or lighting and a chair.)

Shelves (2 stacked): Target; Mirror: Target;
Mini mannequin; Hobby Lobby; Candle: Anthropolgie

Top insert from my original make up organizer


Desk supplies organizer: Target

The container I purchased at Bed Bath & Beyond: $12.99

Saturday morning was a fun one! My brother and I got up early and hit up the Farmers Market  downtown. Over 300 vendors are set up displaying and selling their fresh produce, bakery items, flowers, and handmade goodies. Naturally, my brother hit up the mini donut stand (fair foods are hard to pass up) and I sipped on a fresh squeezed lemonade. Because it was my first time, I didn't go with a grocery list. Next time, I plan to have a few recipes picked out that will require some of the fresh produce I can get there. But don't think I came home empty handed! There was no way I could leave without a bouquet of beautiful fresh flowers. Peonies are in season, and they smell amazing, so I knew I wanted a batch with a few of them included.

Lastly, if you follow me on Twitter (@CarrieBerschman), you may have seen me make a funny tweet about training my hair to a middle part. Over the last two weeks, I have been experimenting with the new look, and really have been liking it. What do you think?



I hope now that you all feel caught up with the little peek into what I've been busy with the last week! 

As always, thank you all for reading! 

XO, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment