1/7/13

Welcome to my blog!

So it has been just one week since the start of a brand new year. This year I have so many things to look forward to, one of them being the creation and start of what I hope will be a fun and exciting blog that you all look forward to reading. My blog 'Lace of Hearts', will be designed to share my love of all things beauty, food, books, etc. But before I go any further, I think it is only appropriate to share a little bit about myself. 

I spy some eyeshadow!
(Age 6)
My name is Carrie. I am currently a sophomore in college and reside in the great state of Iowa. Born and raised in the midwest, I grew up loving Barbies and baby dolls, as well as playing outside on the farm with my siblings and pets. At a very young age I became interested in fashion and beauty, looking up to the Olsen twins for inspiration. 

Over the years, my passion grew. I contemplated making a career of it, but I wanted to keep makeup and fashion as a hobby. I truly have come to believe that our appearance is one of the sole things we can control, so why not embrace the beauty we have been blessed with?! 

At a summer wedding
I also love to read! This year, as part of my New Year's Resolution list, I am going to attempt to read 50 books. (Look for my list in an upcoming post!) I'll also be posting a few other odds and ends like tasty recipes I've tried, pictures from trips or vacations, talk on popular TV shows, DIY projects and other thoughts from a college girls perspective.

I can't wait to get started! I'll talk to you all very soon!
~Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment