9/17/13

MAC Palette Alternative

Good morning & happy Tuesday! I hope everyones week is off to a great start. Mine has had a nice slow start, which I am not complaining about. This morning, I am enjoying the smell of rain and the cool fresh air seep in the windows while I get things organized for the day. 

Today I thought I would share with you ladies what I consider to be the best alternative to a custom MAC eyeshadow palette. When it comes to putting together your own pans with colors of your choice, you have to be aware its going to cost you some $$$. I really don't understand why...but anything with the word "custom" costs extra. While I am a avid lover of MAC products, I can't get myself to pay $15 for a SINGLE eyeshadow. Nope. Just can't do it. So I have taken it upon myself to find similar quality shadows for a not so pretty penny. This leads me to... *drum roll please* Makeup Geek!! Yes, I did a whole blog post about Marlena and her products a while back. See it here. But today I am giving you to the logistics.

MAC
4 shadows @ $10-15 each = $40-60
(range depends on pan vs. compact)
MAC quad compact = $8
Total: $48-$68 

Makeup Geek
4 shadows @ $5.99 each = $23.96
Elf custom compact (Target) = $1
Total: $24.96

Ladies, this is essentially a 50% savings. Need I say more?

If you are curious about the quality of MUG, there really isn't a better way to find out other than to order a few shadows and see for your self. Or you can read reviews online like I did! :) (There are no MUG stores.)

Below is my custom palette that I have put together. I am loving it!


Top left to right: Peach Smoothie, Creme Brûlée. Bottom left to right: Shimma Shimma, Prom Night

These are all MAC dupes!
Peach Smoothie--> Samoa Silk
Creme Brûlée--> Tete a Tint
Shimma Shimma--> Shroom
Prom Night--> Satin Taupe


Have you tried out MUG yet? If so, what shadows are you loving?

XO, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment