5/28/13

Summer Bucket List



With Memorial Day weekend already past us, summer is well on its way (weather cooperating or not). And while technically Summer doesn't officially start until June 21st, its engrained to be considered summer while I am not in school full time. As seasons change, it's fun to make a list of things I would like to do and accomplish. So before summer gets too far out of our hands, I thought it was only appropriate to share my little "bucket list" for the summer while the weather is nice. 

1. Get plenty of pool time & the perfect tan. Ok, ok, I know this isn't the best thing to put on a bucket list, but quite honestly, the last few summers I have really neglected my summer glow. This summer, I am feeling more apt to getting a nice even tan due to the fact that my new apartment complex has a great pool and sun deck. This is where you will find me when the sun is shining! 



2. Be a bookworm. If you have followed me on my blog since day one, you know one of my very first posts was a list of nearly fifty books that I wanted to read this year as part of my New Year's resolutions. But, I am going to be honest and tell you I have kind of completely failed at that one. After a few books, I got busy and just wasn't as excited about reading. And the list made me feel forced to read, rather than being able to read for leisure. But since I will be posted up pool side a lot this summer, I brought out the list and plan to tackle a more reasonable amount of books in the upcoming summer months. 



3. Host a get-together. Being the social person that I am, I love having company and congregating with my closets friends. Now that I am nearly settled in to my new place, I am going to make it a point to invite over a handful of my closest friends for tasty drinks and grilling one evening. Summer should be celebrated, right? :)



4. Find the perfect floppy hat. This is kind of another silly bucket list item, but it is something I want to "accomplish". I can remember my mom wearing big floppy hats with wide brims when we would go to parades or to the lake in the summer growing up and used to think they were SO embarrassing. Little does she know, I now want one of my own! ;) I think they are very fashionable with a darling coverup as well as a great way to protect your scalp and face from harsh sun rays on HOT days!

via Nordstom
Cheaper alternatives here and here
5. Enjoy a few media-free weekends. Last but not least, I thought it would be fun to really relax and enjoy my planned weekend getaways without my phone glued to my face. I'll admit, I am a big media junkie, but I also appreciate time with my friends and family and plan to take more advantage of it this summer. 



What summer things are you wanting to try and accomplish? 

XO, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment