1/7/14

2013: The Year Of...

Hello again!

We are already one week into January and a new year! I have a feeling January will fly by, but I plan on making it a good one. Yesterday began my spring semester of classes, and I'm excited to get rolling!

Today's post is all about what items and products I loved this past year. I chose a handful of standout things that I really think were  my "thing" over the last 12 months.


2013 WAS THE YEAR OF:

Real Simple Magazine// this year I became a subscriber to RS, and it is now something I look forward to every month! I enjoy their unique and helpful around-the-home tips as well as their tasteful recipes (especially the holiday edition!) Check it out here!

Voluspa Santiago Huckleberry candle// oh. my. goodness. this is hands down the best smelling candle I have ever owned. I have been burning this for over a year now and it has yet to grow old on me. I love it so much, I have a small back-stock of them. I purchase them from Anthropologie!

Oxford & Gingham shirts// over the course of the year, this preppy, simple top has become a go-to! Tucked in and paired with a colored belt, or left out with some slouchy boyfriend jeans, an oxford shirt always looks polished. Similar styles here, here, and here.

Ballet flats// comfortable flats are by far my favorite shoe to buy and wear. This year, I found myself gravitating towards flats more than any other shoe (even boots!) I love that they can be worn to something as casual as the grocery store, but as formal as date night. I scored a couple new pairs this winter that I can't wait to debut this spring. Great options here, here, and here.

Long pendant necklaces// while I love me a gorgeous statement necklace, where everyday is concerned, I definitely found myself wearing long and simple pendants to jazz up an outfit. This one from Stella & Dot is my favorite!

Blush// ok, lets be honest, this year was the year of makeup in general. But overall, I definitely found myself learning a lot about blush and how it really can add to your look as well as when and how you should wear a specific color. Some favorites here and here.

These were just a few of the many items I loved this year. But lastly, 2013 was the year of BLOGGING! Today marks the one year anniversary of when I started all of this as a hobby and never dreamed I would be averaging 1,000 views a month. So THANK YOU! I really enjoy it, and I continue to keep writing as frequently as I can! I am blown away by the positive feedback I have recieved via Twitter, Facebook, and even text messages! I am awed by you taking the time to read what little ole me has to say. Blogging has become an outlet where I can share the things I have learned not only about beauty but about life and style. These are the things I am passionate about, and am happy to share it with all of you.

Happy Tuesday! Stay warm!

XO, Carrie

* each section contains a hyperlink showing you great options!

No comments:

Post a Comment